Growing as a small business can be a little scary. It can feel overwhelming and push you out of your comfort zone. When it is a business based on just you and under your name too, it can feel even more uncomfortable introducing someone else.
I love this quote by Abraham Maslow:
"At any given moment we have two options: to step forward into growth or to step back into safety."
Recently I have chosen to step forward. My business has grown, and it continues to do so. I feel incredibly lucky for that and incredibly grateful for the businesses that have chosen to work with me.
However, along with this growth has come the need for extra support myself. This is something I procrastinated on for a while. It is difficult to introduce someone into your business when everything they do will ultimately reflect on you and the services you pride yourself on offering to your clients. Eventually, Ella came to my rescue.
Ella is a self-employed Creative Content Developer who has recently joined Lisa King Consultancy in providing creative content assistance.
I first met Ella around five years ago when I was a marketing manager for a corporate organisation. Ella joined the business as a recruitment consultant but soon progressed her career to the marketing department. Ella now has a PR degree and has worked in a marketing role for the past 3 years. She is still employed as a marketing executive for a national company, as well as starting on her own business journey.
I have always loved Ella's work ethic, fabulous personality, and genuine nature. I knew straight away that Ella was the perfect person to assist me in my business and able deliver to my very high standards. I'm over the moon to have her support.
Here is a little bit about Ella from the lady herself:
Hi, I'm Ella, I am currently working full time as a Marketing Executive for a large national organisation, with a degree in Fashion, Communication and Promotion. I am now embarking on my self-employed journey too!
I have a wealth of experience in working with many well-known brands both through my day-to-day job role and my live briefs at University.
Here are a few facts about myself to get to know me a little more!
- I graduated from University in July 2017, however, I have continued to work in a marketing role alongside my course the whole time.
- Although I studied fashion and really enjoy keeping up with the latest trends, I studied my degree purely because of the broad range of topics covered throughout the three years and the chance to work with some big names.
- Saying that I really enjoy having the balance of working with both well-known brands and the opportunity to support smaller businesses that are most often a lot more creative.
- I have recently just had an offer accepted on my first home with my boyfriend, it’s quite a project as I am drawn to older houses with character, and I cannot wait to get started!
- Following on from the above, I LOVE looking at houses and I follow so many Instagram pages dedicated to house projects for inspiration.
- In my spare time, I love walking in the Peak District and visiting independent shops in pretty Derbyshire villages.
- I have known Lisa for over three years and I feel we balance each other really well. Although we have very different characteristics, we most definitely have a love for stationery, diaries and being organised.
- Ultimately, I am reasonably new to the self-employed working world, however, I am extremely driven and eager to continue learning. I love meeting new people and I am excited to have the opportunity to work alongside Lisa.